More than ever, businesses in Scottsdale and across the world are upgrading to LED lighting systems. From warehouses to office buildings, the switch to LED light bulbs is one that has a big impact on the bottom line, both cutting down on the electrical bill and simultaneously making for a more satisfied workforce.
But high bay LEDs and smart lighting control panels aren’t the only things that LED tech can offer to commercial operators
LED Strip Lighting is a versatile way to accent things like hallways and landscapes, while providing a unique and memorable flair to executive offices and working spaces.
In this guide, we’re going to look at some of the trends that are evolving with the use of LED strip lighting, and provide a few tips on how to use LED strip lighting to make your workplace more aesthetically pleasing.
How to Choose LED Strip Lighting: Considerations
- Indoor vs. Outdoor: All LED lighting strips will be designated as either weatherproof, waterproof, or non-weatherproof. If you’re installing LED strips in an outdoor location, like around landscaping and beneath stairs, look for LED strips that are rated IP65 or above. For indoor applications, IP65 is not usually necessary, but can be helpful for bathrooms or high-traffic areas.
- Length: LED strips are available in pre-cut lengths that can be easily connected together. The best way to order is to start by measuring the total contiguous space that you will be lighting. You can get custom-length strips for large applications. But remember: the longer strip you have, the more likely that you will have voltage issues (more on that next).
- Voltage: Every LED strip lighting has a different maximum run. This is the length of illuminated strip light that you can have before there is a voltage drop. After a certain point, the longer the strip gets, the less energy is able to flow through it. If you need a longer run of LED illumination, look for 24-volt LED strips over the 12 volt versions.
- Color & Color Temperature: Just like all LED technology, strip lighting is available in a number of colors, as well as color temperatures. Single-color strips of cool-white, warm-white, and yellow can make effective guide lights for outdoor pathways and beneath stairs. More vibrant colors like red, orange, and green are a surefire way to draw a customer’s attention to something.
- Power Supply: Ever LED lighting system needs a power supply to operate, specifically to manage the voltage traveling through the system. In order to choose a power supply, you need to know the estimated wattage of your strip lights. It’s generally recommended that you choose a power supply that is 20% higher than this number for maximum efficiency.
Choose High Quality LED Installers for Best Results
Unfortunately, not all LED bulbs are made equal, and the same can be said for LED installation technicians. When upgrading your facility to LED, or installing new LED strip lighting, take the time to find high-quality bulbs and service. It will last you a lot of time and money in the long run, increasing the amount of money you’ll earn by switching to LED.